I’ve struggled with my skin since a teen. One thing no one tells you as a teen is that, unfortunately, your skin doesn’t magically clear up when you hit your twenties or even your thirties!
I decided that if there was one thing I was going to invest my money into, it was skincare. So I purchased the Clarisonic Mia 2 a couple of years ago because I’m always on the lookout for something that will help improve my skin. Was it worth it?
How the Clarisonic works
It uses sonic-vibration technology to massage deep down into your skin to unclog your pores and give your skin a deep clean. The Clarisonic vibrates as you cleanse your skin to penetrate your pores deep enough to properly clean your skin which, your hands or a face washer just can’t achieve.
How to use the Clarisonic
Apply your cleanser on the brush head and move the Clarisonic Mia 2 in circular motions around your face (can also be used on your body).
It only takes 1 minute to cleanse your skin which means there is no excuse not to take your makeup off!
- Start by cleansing your nose and chin for 20 seconds, then it will buzz.
- Move onto your forehead and temples for 20 seconds, it will buzz again.
- The last step is 10 seconds each on your cheek and you’re done!
- Follow the beep prompt, no more, no less.
- Don’t press too hard (over scrubbing can cause your skin to over produce oils).
- Use clean water (you don’t want to push dirty wanted deep down into your pores).
- Get the right brush head for your skin type.
- Moisturise! After such a deep cleanse you need to put moisture back into your skin.
- Let it air dry to avoid mold.
- Make sure the brush is clean before each use.
Clarisonic brush heads
The Clarisonic Mia 2 lets you swap out different brush heads that suit your skin type. Each brush head offers a different cleansing method and Clarisonic suggests, to replace every 3 months for best results.
I buy my Clarisonic Mia 2 brush heads from Sephora. I have very sensitive skin, (with a tendency to get eczema) so I bought the delicate brush head for fragile or dry skin.
Caring for your Clarisonic
After every use remove the brush head and place them face down on a towel to drain any water out. This will allow them to dry properly.
The Clarisonic is suitable to use in the shower, however, if you leave it in the shower with the brush head on mold can form inside your Clarisonic and you don’t want that!
Clarisonic Mia 2 charger/battery life
I’ve seen a few bad reviews when it comes to the Clarisonic’s battery life, however, I have had mine for a couple year and I rarely need to charge it.
- Can treat a range of different skin types.
- Long battery life.
- The perfect lazy girl product (only 1 minute to get freshly cleansed skin).
- Skin feels smooth and clean afterward.
- Good for all ages.
- Easy to use.
- Small enough to travel with.
- Nicely shaped for convenient use.
- Waterproof, so you can use in the shower.
- Uses sonic-vibration technology for a deeper clean.
- Can be harsh on the skin if you apply too much pressure and scrub too hard (stripping your skin’s natural oils).
- It hasn’t helped with my blackheads.
- Can cause your skin to breakout within the first 2 weeks of use (you have to push through that period and let your skin go through a purging stage.)
- Have to be wary of mold developing under the brush head (remove brush head after every use).
For me, it has been worth purchasing the Mia 2 because I have noticed a huge difference when struggling with hormonal breakouts. The pros outway the cons for me and now knowing how to use to properly, it has become a must in my night time routine.
If you own a Clarisonic how has it helped your skin, or maybe it hasn’t? Let me know in the comments down below and don’t forget to check my video for more info.