I’m not sure if it’s just me but 2017 has brought nothing but dull and blemished skin so far. I decided to start trading in my afternoon coffees for this healthy glowing skin smoothie, with noticeable results.
I’ve been doing research into which foods can help improve my skin. A lot of obvious things came up like salmon, broccoli, and almonds. I also stumbled upon a whole list of foods I already enjoy that I used to create a delicious and creamy green smoothie!
Frozen banana and avocado give the smoothie an incredibly thick and creamy taste. The mango and pineapple sweeten things up and the greens pack one huge nutritional punch. Your skin will be thanking you for this one.
- 2 cups spinach or kale
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 banana, peeled & sliced
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup plain coconut water
- 1 tablespoon of coconut or flaxseed oil
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth. Add more coconut (or normal) water if it’s too thick for your liking.
- Enjoy your healthy glowing skin smoothie!
Like I mentioned earlier, try to ditch the afternoon coffees and replace them with a green smoothie. It’s a great way to improve your skin and achieve a healthy, youthful glow.