If you’re after the ultimate high protein snack that will satisfy cravings and give you an energy hit, this protein ball recipe is for you!
Protein balls are the ultimate healthy snack. They are a source of natural energy that will satisfy your sweet cravings and you won’t feel guilty afterward. They’re high in protein just like my protein pancakes recipe and require little effort to make. They are a perfect to throw in lunches and as an on the go snack.
I’ve found they are also a great energy booster to snack on at work! Packed full of goodness, this no-bake recipe will make around 28 bite sized balls. Here is my protein ball recipe that I swear by for snowboarding trips and as a work snack. They will save you money and satisfy your taste buds!
- 1 Cup of Oats (blended)
- 4 Scoops of Whey Protein
- A handful of sultanas & cranberries (blended)
- 3 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Organic or Manuka Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Almond Milk
- 1 Cup of Shredded Coconut
Optional: 2 squares of dark chocolate (melted) or 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder.
- Place all ingredients except for the coconut into a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Once the ingredients are combined add the shredded coconut (also add some to your chopping board) and start rolling into little bite sized balls.
- Place protein balls into a plastic container, refrigerate for 30 minutes and voila!
- Add water or extra protein powder if required.
- You can keep them in the fridge OR freezer.
- You can add any dried fruit or nuts that you like, I suggest chopping or blending them before mixing.
- I use whey protein but you can use any protein you have.
If you enjoyed this recipe you can show your support by following Anni and Ava.