When you put a lot of effort into your fitness training, you don’t want to affect your progress by eating the “wrong” foods. However, what if you could make the “wrong” foods the “right” foods?
If you’re after the perfect alternative to the not so healthy, traditional pancakes then I have the perfect recipe for you! With this recipe, you can support your fitness goals while enjoying a delicious breakfast.
It tastes like a cheat meal without really cheating, bonus! If you’re after a delicious breakfast without the carbohydrates, read on.
- 3 bananas, mashed (with a fork)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup of protein (I used vanilla Whey Protein)
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or butter
- Mix your bananas, eggs, protein and oats together until they are well combined.
- Place a large pan (preferably non-stick) over a low-medium heat (if your heat is too high the pancakes will stick to the pan). Grease the pan with some coconut oil or butter.
- Add half a cup of pancake mixture to the pan, once they begin to rise you can flip them over.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Grease the pan as required.
Serve with some warmed berries and honey and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe but remember that you can make it your own! Why not add a handful of blueberries? Better yet, if you’re feeling a little naughty chuck some chocolate pieces into the mixture!
If you’ve found this article helpful you can follow Anni and Ava for more posts like this one! X